A thesis contributes significantly to your Bachelor’s degree, Masters and Doctoral programs. Learning how to write a good thesis is important for all students. Follow our guidelines in order to improve your thesis writing skills.
7 Thesis Writing Tips
If you do not know what is a thesis, we are here to help. A thesis is a long essay that compiles research and shows all the information that a student has learnt during her graduate or post-graduate program. Writing a thesis tests a student’s ability to critically analyze a topic. Below are a few tips on thesis paper writing help:
- Make sure you include an abstract in your thesis. An abstract gives an overview of your work. It should state why your study is important. Give a brief summary of the methods used in the study and the main results of your research. Provide the major implication of the results from the research. This part of your paper is important because it allows the reader to decide whether they want to continue reading your work. In general, abstracts do not have citations.
- Determine the purpose and significance of your study. The significance of your study is established by explaining how your study is related to the existing knowledge on the subject. Develop this part of your thesis properly. State your hypothesis on the subject as well.
- Include a review of the literature. Writing a literature review gives the theoretical framework to be discussed later in this chapter. Use this section of your thesis to analyze previous studies that have been conducted on the topic. Avoid merely stating what other researchers have established on the subject. Use the existing body of knowledge to determine what is known and what is unknown about the subject.
- Describe the methodology that you have used in your study. This includes the methods that you have used to gather your data. Discuss the methods that have been used to analyze the data as well. Describe the methods you have chosen and why they are the most suitable choices.
- State your results from the analysis of the data. Outline any analyses that you have conducted. Determine the results of the test of your hypothesis. Use tables and figures to present statistical results. If your research is inclined towards historical research, use this part of your paper to state the themes that you have discovered from your research. Give a descriptive profile of your participants if you have carried out interviews in your study.
- Include a discussion section in your thesis. Discuss the results of your study by relating the findings to the existing theoretical body of knowledge on the topic. The results should be linked to the theoretical knowledge discussed in the literature review. In this chapter, you should discuss what your findings mean for your field of interest and the professionals in the field. Indicate the implications that the study has on the topic. Include the limitations of the study and propose areas in which future research should be focused on.